Friday, August 17, 2012

Featured Artist: Rebecca Kontrec

with 2 comments
"Oh Floral Deer"


Rebecca Kontrec or Becc, comes froma very small town named Merbein, in Victoria, Australia. Becc an 18 year old finishing off high school is aiming to go to UNI, and become a School Teacher. (Art teacher I hope!)

Her instagram documents all of her sketches while she is currently studying art.

Becc’s portfolio theme is a fantastic choice for sketch artists and personally one of my favorites. ‘Memories and Imagination’ by Rebecca Kontrec displays quirky, morphed, and abstract yet realistic work. When I saw it, I fell in love. The feel of it really captures the boho chic essence bursting out of Australia’s booming art world.

“I've always enjoyed art, and drawing is not just a skill. It's much like a science, to explore and experiment with loads of different media but like anything, we prefer different things. Art is Unique.”

So what is Beccs weapon of choice?
In her words;  “I prefer to use watercolor, water soluble pencils, fine liner and my current addiction & preferred media, is Liquid Ink (Winsor & Newton Ink - Black Indian Ink) and Calligraphy/Ink Nibs.


What inspires an artist like Rebecca?

Rebecca Kontrec is a strong follower of Tattoo Apprentice, Model, Illustrator, Sara Fabel and all of her work.


“She has inspired me to experiment and test the shades of Black and White, as well as line (no shading or colour).
 “

Beccs note to Sara and aspiring artists, “Love your work and be sure to check her out on Instagram.”


“Massive Thanks to Tyler of Urban Provide for allowing me to be featured on this website,
 
There's no better Reward for hard work! Keep it up!”

I agree! Hard work should never be ignored and I really am glad she likes the site. Gifted artists like her, with a clearly strong work ethic, will go far in the art world.
My personal advice for Becc, never limit yourself.  You have real talent, and an original style that I don’t think will ever get old! 

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    <3 great job

  2. Sydney Dasuza said...

    sooo nice, i wish i had some $$$ to buy the case

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out Urban Provide, and participating in the community.
Please keep your comments polite and constructive.